As I get older, I’m realizing that a positive attitude and mindset is a requirement to be successful. Negativity is a distraction of success and poison for your life.
Without a positive attitude and mindset, greatness will always be out of reach for you.
Here are 7 ways that have helped me remove negativity from my thinking and form and maintain a positive attitude. I’m certain they will help you too:
- Counter negativity by putting up positive reminders (pictures, messages, notes) of the things that make you happy. They could be pictures of your family, inspirational quotes, a reminder of your definition of success, or a picture of your dream car
- Exercise everyday – You’ll feel better almost immediately and doing it every day, whether first thing in the morning or late at night will not only improve your health, but will help you form a positive attitude
- Write down your future goals and dreams daily in present tense as though the goal has been achieved.
- Create and commit to a disciplined schedule and do not deviate from it. This will create a sense of control. We are all the results of our habits and rituals.
- Improve your diet. Focus on eating healthier foods and drinks. I’m not asking you to count calories, but avoid sugars during the day, reduce fat, and drink a lot more water.
- Go to Sleep Early and Get up Early. If you don’t control when you go down, you won’t control when you get up. Early bird stills gets the worm, don’t kid yourself.
- Maximize every minute of every day. Time is the one thing we can never get back. By structuring your day and filling your calendar up with activity, you’ll have a much greater sense of certainty. White space on a calendar creates uncertainty. The more you have to do the more you will and can do. Commit to more not less.
With everything going on in the world today, its easy to be influenced by negativity. But it’s critical for you to realize and own the fact that having a positive attitude is senior to your ability to take action and follow through. The key for massive success is your attitude. Stay committed. Stay focused. Most importantly, stay positive.